Sunday, January 6, 2013

Flat Ironing


Who doesn't like sleek, straight hair? I think we all do to some extent. However with the curl craze some of us are afraid of damaging our tresses. I too am the victim of heat damage. I experienced this about 2 years ago after faithfully going to get my hair straightened by a stylist who did very little to protect my hair from the harsh heat. Afterwards, I went almost a year without heat. However,I felt cheated. The glorious thing about natural hair is its versatility. With proper maintenance and protecting you can enjoy heat styling within reason.

My staple products I use when I'm doing a heat style are:


Chi Silk Infusion

Definitely a "Mane Crush"! I've been using this product for years. I simply use less than a pea size on each section prior to flat ironing. A little goes a very long way. A bottle of the size pictured will last me well over a year for both me and my daughter's hair

Tresemme' Heat Tamer Spray

This is a new addition to my heat protecting arsenal. I apply this during the blow drying process. A few light sprays to each section is more than enough.




Mane Star Lisa







Mane Star Jareyah













No comments:

Post a Comment