Saturday, January 26, 2013

Twisted...

Hey Mane Stars!

So I've been playing around with my flat twists. It's been a litlte tricky for me with this porcupine hair cut but I think I finally got it down.

Here are the products I used:
Beautiful Textures Taming Shampoo

Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Conditioner

Giovanna Direct Leave in
(Can you say "staple"? I love this stuff!)

Tresemme' Heat Tamer Spray

Curl Care Soft Hold Creme
(Curlbox score!)



After washing and conditioning I wrap my hair in a t shirt to softly absorb excess moisture. I then apply
the Giovanni Direct leave-in in 4 sections. One section at a time I apply the Heat Tamer spray and blow dry. YES Luvs! This set is done on blow dried hair. I need some hang time! Now when my hair grows back I'll go back to air dry stretches.

Now, once my hair is dry I begin my flat twist sections. I softly mist each section with a travel size spray bottle like this:



Thats right shrinkage is NOT my friend. This bottle delivers just a mist. Thats all I need. After wetting the section I used just enough Soft Curls Creme to make sure that section is moisturized (The amount used should vary based on the thickness of your hair). Too much product will not yield good results. I do a total of 8 flat twists.

Now the results:
Definition




2nd day hair...still nice and defined


On the 3rd day I started playing with styles...
Dont you just love Buns?


Decided to tame my long bangs with a faux
You like?

I use different product mixes for almost every set. Im still experimenting with products that work best for my hair type. Stay tuned for product reviews.

1 comment: