Monday, January 14, 2013

My magic wand...






I absolutely adore the curling wand. There is so much you can do with it.  You can give life to an old press or whip up a sea of curls off a fresh blow out. Along with flat ironing this is a styling option for both natural and relaxed manes. The key is to protect, protect, protect. Before you get your curls in a bunch gather your favorite heat protecting products. Once your mane has been prepped twirl away!

My process is to take a small section of hair,  start at the base of the wand and carefully wind the hair around. Hold for 10 seconds and release. I start at the bottom of my hair near the nape and work my way up and around. One thing to remember about this styling option is where you set your curls is where they will be. It's not easy to let's say fill out a part in the middle. These ringlets stay put.

At night I simply cover  my hair with a satin bonnet. Believe it or not, I've actually extended this type of style for over a week. Cant wait to rock this on my much shorter mane. I'm in the mood for something funky!

Check out some of my previous sets:



Wand set on blow dried hair
                                   






This was a wand set about 4 days old.
This was done an old light press.

Fresh set on flat ironed hair

3 days later. Nice loose curls...


5 days later. Curls have transformed into waves. Did a sexy side sweep.



No comments:

Post a Comment